***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Monday, November 27, 2017

Dreams Do Come True!

"Dreams Do Come True"
Well, the day is almost here, we're leaving for Australia.  A couple of years ago I was moving back to my childhood surroundings and thinking that if I could just get around without this chair or walker  life would be complete....I think the "Powers that Be" had other ideas.  Not only is the chair and walker gone but my life, our lives (Dan and I) have become so blessed!  I thought when I left Ghoultide and the East coast art world that it was time to say "good-bye" to "Soft in the Head" but the complete opposite has
happened, business is better than I ever imagined and the support, love and friendship I have found here out west just takes my breath away!  Now we're going to Australia!  I get to spend Christmas with my son, his wife and our three adorable grandkids.  We've
never met the youngest, Eli, in person and haven't seen Abby and Rohan since Abby was 2 and Rohan a baby.   Everytime we talk about our trip both Dan and I get a wee bit teary....Family is so important and with ours it is everything.  We raised our kids to be free spirits but never dreamed that would include living all over the world.  This Christmas is Australia, next year China? 
 
Dan has decided we are going to start traveling more and more
since now I can walk.  We have plans for Ireland, China and a cruise to Alaska for starters.  I love having a passport, now I want to fill it with stamps!  We're hoping to see our other grandkids, Jude, Ethan and Grayson, this spring.  We've spent many Christmas' with them and now that everyone has decided to "grow" it's very important to make the time to see each other, besides I really miss my daughter and our shopping excursions and watching her master the kitchen (I hate to cook).  I keep telling myself that they will always be little and cuddly but life has other plans as they are beginning to be taller than their mom!   
Christmastime truly brings out that special bond with family even more....I blame Santa LOL that's why I married him cause then it makes it Christmastime all the time!  Dan really loves being Santa and our grandkids love that he looks like Santa LOL   How did I get so lucky to have this man in my life?
 
"Soft in the Head" has closed its shoppe till I get back in January.  I
can't believe how successful it has been.  Thank you to all the wonderful followers/collectors for believing in my work and making "Soft in the Head" part of your Christmas!  This was my best year to date!    I was blessed with so many new collectors and even some live right here in Washington.  One I met many years ago at Ghoultide and now she is practically a neighbor LOL. 
Life really is a funny thing and if we just dive into it with a happy
and kind heart it will show you some amazing things.  I feel reborn
once I let go of the toxic people in my life and all the "cut-throat" behavior that seems to reside in the art world.  I made it...I made it on my own without ever using someone else to open doors for me and I
am a richer person because of it.  Karma is my friend!  
We want to wish all of you a VERY Merry Christmas and an incredible 2018.  Be kind to one another even if it hurts LOL  Let's all embrace this gift called life and spread its happiness with a smile!  Peace out!

3 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Enjoy your time in Australia, Merry Christmas to you and Dan.

My Corner of the world said...

This is a wonderful blog post! Enjoy your freedom from the chair and walker and have the best time traveling!

Clipping Path said...

I'm personally a big fan of softinthehead blog. Thanks for sharing this post

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected