***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Saturday, July 22, 2017

"It Begins....."
I've never been one that plans anything when it comes to creativity.   My best ideas often come from the stress of a deadline or the pressure of impending shows.  This is the case with what I am
working on now.  Most artists work all year to prepare for shows, me....well I give it 6 weeks!  
I'm really into ravens this year and have started working on quite a few.  Usually when I create I do two at the same time, this not only helps build my inventory I have one I can sell before a show and one for the show, "A Bewitching Feté".  I rarely take orders during this time but I do have the PFATT Marketplace every month and some
prototypes for companies and magazine deadlines.
This year I'm working quite a bit with clay...still using cloth too, after all I am "Soft in the Head".  I have found that using different types of mediums, like mixing and matching parts, not only creates an unusual piece but a "magical" one.  I truly love the chicken wire skirt on "Amelia", thank you Shelly Wilson for suggesting it and the mannequin type body.  
This Fall I will also be teaching a "Raven" class for "Artful Gathering".  I'm in the process of designing it now and will soon have pictures.  Artful Gathering has been so much fun and I have met amazing and just the kindest people.  Many of my students are returnees from last year and we have such fun.  If you are at all interested in embracing your creative side you should definitely check out "Artful Gathering"......there are many great artists who are more than willing to share their secrets and talent with you.  Enjoy your summer! 
 

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected