***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Beginning......

Watching As An Artist Emerges...... 

Can anyone ever remember the very first thing you did that was considered art? Were you or are you the parent that sticks everything your child does on the frig, as though this obscure place is "The Louvre"....I know I was!
I remember when my daughter was young, she would make up drawings of imaginative things, wrap them up, and give them as gifts to everyone. Boy, would I love to have some of those today. She always loved to draw and has quite a vivid imagination. I have this painting that she did twenty plus years ago of some Mexican worry dolls that I had sitting around. It was so impressive that I had it framed. It now hangs in my livingroom bringing frequent smiles to my face every time I see it. So many memories come from those pieces of construction paper and scribbles that seem to accompany our kids home from school. Our refrigerators get covered and all the desk drawers become treasure troves of childhood memories.

My daughter, Casey, is now writing a children's book. The pieces of artwork I have above and below is part of the book she is writing..."ANDY the ANT". She got to read the book to a group of children at the school where she and her husband had worked and they loved it. I've always encouraged the "Arts" with my kids. They all have wonderful imaginations and still hold onto that inner child that many of us are force to abandon in later life. Gotta love it!

1 comment:

suz said...

This is so cool Pam! I always encouraged my son to try everything. We have a small museum in Manchester, NH and when he was in grammar school they had after-school programs. He tried drawing, painting, sculpting, etc. and came to realize he loves to work with pencil and charcoal. He still draws now as a way to relax and he's quite good. His new girlfriend is very supportive of his "hobby", which earned big points with me!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected