***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Friday, June 22, 2012

Ghoultide Gathering Countdown.....

It's Official...Oh Boy...!
Art Doll Quarterly Ad 2012
One never really thinks about time in this business....deadlines yes but time no!  It seems like we almost live in a protective bubble that keeps us immune to thinking to far in the future.  Whether it be we are so busy making a day to day living or our creative pool has run dry, who knows!  I always tell myself after a show that I am going to be more prepared and start sooner to build my inventory....never happens!  In my defense I have to admit that things change!  What was once popular could be bland and un-inspiring now!  Not only that but I change....I have serious ADD so it is VERY difficult for me to be repetitious...I just get bored and love challenging myself constantly without getting to far from who "Soft in the Head" really is.  I'm not one that surfs the internet for inspiration I depend solely on "MY" imagination!  Since I bleed black and orange blood Halloween is something I can throw myself into completely and get absorbed in the magic of it all!

When the "Art Doll Quarterly Ad" hits the public, like now, then I realize it is time to put everything else aside and start planning and creating!  Last year I took 162 pieces to this show, this year my goal is 175.  Considering I have 3 finished I think I have my work cut out for me!  I haven't a clue what will be popular this year but I think "cats" are on the rise!  I love my new PODD line and will definitely be introducing more of them to the visitors at "Ghoultide Gathering" this year!  

I have my "Ghoultide Postcards" available so if any of you are planning a visit and would like a discount on admission just let me know and I will mail one out to you....just need your address! 

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected