***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Big Changes and New Adventures

New Shows and Adventures.....
Halloween and Vine
Change is tough, change is difficult but with change comes adventure and all kinds of new experiences.  To give up doing "Ghoultide Gatherings" after 7 years was one of the most difficult decisions I've had to make in a very long time.  I wasn't just giving up a show I was giving up a huge part on my yearly income, amazing friends and collectors that traveled every year to see me and add a new "softee" to their collection.  I had every intention continuing with
"Ghoultide" this year but after Dan's knee surgery and my on going battles with walking realty slapped me along side the head and said "NO MORE"!  I had no idea how I was going to make up the huge hole in my income and continue to get my Halloween fix....then I got a message.  "Halloween and Vine" invited me to be a part of their incredibly
established Halloween show.  Not only will I be able to drive there but Dan's family is 45 minutes away from the show.  I will finally get to meet artists that I have only known online...this is EXCITNG!  I have always believed that when a door closes a window opens and mine surely has! 

Not only will I be doing "Halloween and Vine" but there is a wonderful Halloween show 20 minutes from me in Bothell, Wa.
Hallowbaloo
that I will also be a part of this year and that is "Hallowbaloo".  I went to "Hallowbaloo" last year as a customer and was impressed and amazed at the talent I saw there...not only that but the friendliness and warmth displayed by all involved was contagious.  Very excited to be a part of this group as well  and the fact that it is so close is a real perk.

Life is a myriad of paths leading us on such an adventure if we let it.   I never dreamed 20+ years ago that I would be creating funny

little characters that would bring so many smiles and happiness to others or much less make a living at it.  I never considered myself much of an artist, just someone with a vivid imagination, and now anything goes!  Never count yourself out of anything, always believe in the magic of possibilities.  "Ghoultide Gatherings" was an amazing experience and I take away so many life lessons and fond memories from there but now it is time, even at 65 years of age, to grab on with both hands and enjoy the ride into many new adventures and make more memories!

3 comments:

Judy at Holly Ridge Folk Art said...

So happy for you! I am always excited so see your new creations, I fall in love with each one. I know those who come to your new shows will feel the same way.

Unknown said...

You go girl! So happy for you!
p.s. Just saw Softee's advice the day - LOL!

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

I am so happy that new paths have appeared for you! Still sad I won't meet you in person at Ghoultide. I just love your attitude and spirit- and of course your amazing whimsical characters!! Any words of wisdom from you would be greatly appreciated- message me. The West Coast will be a merrier place this Halloween season! Cheers

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected