***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Steam-Rolling Ahead.....

As time marches on so does the nimble fingers of "Soft in the Head". The "Ghoultide Gathering" event/show is rapidly approaching and the butterflies in my stomach have now turned into "BATS"....I love this show for many reasons but I think the biggest is that I can just let my imagination take wings and fly! Take a look at my newest creation "Joffrey" a Steampunk Frog! Now lets be real,,,,a Steampunk Frog? I have to blame it on the Ghoultide bug that I have fondly named "Boo"! This "Boo Bug" can cause one to have sleepless nights, sporadic daydreaming and a twitch in your writing hand that seems to search out anything worth writing on! As you shuffle through the endless piles of paper scraps trying to make sense of these notes you begin wondering....are these in code? Then it hits you...they're ideas! Bizarre and truly magical ideas! Then as your brain begins to wrap itself around the idea the obsession and frustration begins...."CAN I DO THIS? So many of my ideas can be adapted easily enough to clay but often I find fabric a more difficult medium to capture my odd sense of humor....and after all I am "Soft in the Head" (ergo: fabric). Onward I go as I trudge forward in my attempts to find "Ghoultide" nirvana with my characters! Wonder if mice are still popular? Maybe a "Steampunk Mouse?" Alas, I continue my pursuit for an original and quirky design.....one thing is a must, "IT MUST MAKE YA SMILE and maybe giggle a bit! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

glimmering prize said...

Pam you are amazing!! keep the great ideas coming. You make ME smile!

WoolenSails said...

I think mice and cats are still popular, I know I love them, too. Well, I think all your pieces are orginal and some are quirky, and they all make me smile, so I think you have been doing that for years;)

Debbie

maddyrose said...

Joffrey is absolutly the most outragously funny character that you've created in a long time. I adore him. Love the colors and everything about him. Good luck with getting ready for the Ghoultide event.

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am speechless....I LOVE your work and this piece is brilliant!!

I have not been to Ghoultide Gathering before but it's on my list of places to go!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

TheCrankyCrow said...

You, my amazingly creative and talented friend, do not need LUCK!! But, since you asked, I'll wish it for you anyway!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Kays Kids said...

You always make me smile.

MJL said...

I just love your designs. I have one question for you though. On an item like this one, how long does it take you from start to finish and do you have other pieces going at the same time? Your designs are amazing.

softinthehead said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words and wonderful support. Your comments make me want to excel and create that much more.... :o)

To Marcy....This frog took me 3 days to complete but I do have other pieces I work on during that time as well. I always have to wait for glue to set or paint and fabric to dry. Sometimes I can have as many as 12 characters going on at the same time. Usually with one like Joffrey I get excited to finish him so my time is monopolized with him...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected