***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Peeking Buddha......


We are still frozen here in Virginia! I know in other parts of the country it is far worse than what we have here but the BIG problem here is that we aren’t equipped for this extreme cold weather. Pipes are freezing, pipes are breaking, power is constantly going out due to extreme usage for heat and propane is quickly disappearing and the price is going up, up ,up! Through all this I had to chuckle when I saw my little Buddha peeking out over the rim of snow. I could almost hear him saying “Br-r-r-r-r my toes are frozen”! The birds love to perch themselves on top of his head in order to keep their tiny feet from getting to cold. He sits next to my use to be “birdbath” which is now a “bird ice skating rink”. I pray this old birdbath can with stand even more of the cold without cracking cause it has become quite the “water cooler” for all the local bird gossip and would be sorely missed!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the peeking Buddha! :-)
Bundle up!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

that is a cute photo of your buddha...hope you keep warm and toasty..:)

LoveThePrimLook said...

Love the buddha !!! Stay warm !!! We are getting hit wioth the white stuff today.

Hugs, Angie

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Popping in 4 a belated hello & happy 2010 lady!

Your SpOOky fiend,
Chris

XOXO

Susan Walker said...

All I've got to say is BBBRRRRRrrrrrr! Wishing you warmth and comfort, my friend...Susan

Anonymous said...

Hello from a Canadian (a fan), I hope I can help with a bit of advice from the Great White North: for those with freezing pipes, you can pour a slight bit of (preferably environmentally friendly) vehicle anti-freeze down (never feed -in pipes only the OUT pipes) them in the evening or pipes you don't use often to help and we also turn on the IN-pipes just a bit, to keep the water flowing; a fast drip per se and that helps a LOT (although not on the hot water as a general rule). Open cupboards, doors, ect to let heat into where pipes are; get cheap pipe insulation from Home Depot (or like store).

Your buddah looks adorable peeking out but if moisture gets into him and then you have a freeze, he could break. I've lost many planters and lawn sculptures that way!

Shovel your roof clean and get the snow away from your house. The snow won't hurt anything but the melting of it could! Our trusses are built to withstand the heavy weights of snow but I don't know what building codes are for you. I do know that in a good melt, troughs can't always handle it and water has a way of finding it's way into the house.

I love your creativity and imagination, so wonderful! I plan on making some of your designs soon.

Stay warm!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected