***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ever Feel Like A Punkin' Head?

I've noticed that this quality of speaking my mind and being so incredibly honest carries with it such a burden. A burden that at times makes me feel like a real "PUNKIN' HEAD" a head filled only with mush and seeds and not an ounce of "common sense".......My kids use to laugh at some of the things that would come out of this mouth of mine...sometimes blaming it on to much medication or a bit of the bubbly. Neither, of course was true, well I don't think it was true! Now I am worried! Could I be one of these women that is souring with age? Am I becoming a "curmudgeon"? Oh No not a "CURMUDGEON"! That would be the kiss on death!...I just had a flash of me sitting alone, old and gray with a toothless snarl and complaining about the weather....OH MY!!!!!! I still have time to change, I hope. No more soap boxes for this girl, well at least for a while. I am going to hang up my cape and focus on the task a hand.....my business and hope that no more crusades cross over into the" Land of Soft". But...to all you gossip mongers, imagination stealers, and all around bad hair people, know this....I am out there and I am watching.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Pam, never change who you are or what you stand for. You went out on a limb and spoke the truth about me because you knew in your heart it was true. I kept faith that honest and true people would see~ and they have. Wrap yourself in the knowledge that you are a good and true friend to many.

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Speaking your mind is a good thing...it's the purple hair you have to worry about :)

Anonymous said...

Funny! :)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey it needed to be said and you said it nicely and hopefully got your point across..I too fear I am becoming crotchedy in my old age..or is it that at our age we deserve "RESPECT"...If I give it..I should get it back..at least thats what I think..if more folks did unto others as they would like..it would be a better place..but unfortunately we live in a world where we only care about how it affects us and no one else...:) have a wonderful weekend..;)

Tina said...

Well, from one pumpkin head to another I must say, I've been profoundly effected in life changing ways by the respectful pointing out of things from others.
Even when it has felt negative, I've benefited. That's my two seeds from this pumpkin head.
I always appreciate your posts. Have a blessed weekend
T

Debby said...

I have to admit I have my pumpkin head days, Great post and love the pumpkin heads.
debby

kat449 said...

Hey.....I have bad hair...but I am a good witch!!!!!I know youve seen piccys!!!!
Stacey taught me awhile ago..."TRUTH always pervails...I have to trust in mine"..thanks for than Roons, I was a neophyte to the wonders of this wacky world of the art & the internet, you and Pam have taught me to be me.... but be careful...wize words.

Betsy said...

very wise words!! and I too wonder if I'll end up the same way...LOL..

Hugs my friend,
Betsy

Debbie Miller of Onion Patch said...

Don't change a thing!! Love you just the way you are!!

Hugs,
Debbie

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected