***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thoughts from a "FROZEN" Mind.......

B-R-R-R-R IT'S COLD OUTSIDE......
As many of you, out there, we have been experiencing the bite of this winter as well. The people here in SouthwesternVirginia are not use to single digit temperatures or wind chill factors of -22. In fact many look at you and ask "What's a wind chill factor?" Dan and I have had to deal with quite a bit in this old store we live in....frozen pipes, broken pipes, no power, some power, running out of wood, wood guy not showing up, high cost of propane and "oh yes" the occasional mouse looking for refuge in my house from the cold EEEEEEEK! Over all though, we sum it up as another adventure in a "very" long list of adventures we have had the last 40 years. Dan is amazing when he becomes "Nanook" of the north and chops wood and begins building the fire in our little woodstove. I have always loved watching men at work in the wild.....okay so it's not exactly the wild but when the power goes out and it's 20 degrees in your house then it seems pretty wild!

8 comments:

albasworld said...

Hang in there Pam, it can't last forever and this too shall pass. We've had frozen and broken pipes too so I really DO understand. It will only make spring all the sweeter when it comes, won't it? And where is global warming when you need it, lol?

Find somewhere to stay warm and cozy and don't stick your head out again til spring, I say. Wouldn't that be nice? My raccoon won't even go outside for her walks and that's an indication of how cold it is! Oh well, we'll have to muddle through this and have a good laugh when it's all over.

Hugs & smiles, alba

Carla said...

Oh my. It's not that cold here but lower 40's for us feels like below freezing. Sorry for all your winter troubles. Try to stay warm. Spring's not that far away now.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

geez its cold just reading your entry..hope you are both staying warm..yeah my hubby loves to watch me work..says there's nothing sexier then watching a woman work..(yes, he gets smacked) for that..lol...I think it is just the opposite..hehehehheee I hope you are all staying warm..mice and all...:)

Elanor Clare Andrews said...

I've popped in to let you know I'm passing on a blog award to you; all the details are on my blog if you'd like to take part.
Hugs
Elanor @ shantockbears@blogspot.com

vintagepaletteart said...

Oh man......................I can just see Dan out there choppin' wood for the stove Pam! This cold IS for the birds! LOL Keep those homefires burnin'! =D

Stay warm and just give me a yell if you need to vent a bit........=D


*Lori

Kathleen A Foley Grimm 'KAF' said...

Pam, Your blog & new banner design looks great!!
Stay warm !!
hugs,
kaf

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I've been a fan or your work for quite a while!! Such sweet whimsy.
And we could be living in the same house it seems--our pipes froze last weekend, and our heat has been on the blink off and on this winter too. Here's to Spring!!

(I added you to my blog roll too!)

Anonymous said...

Hello Pam!
Wonderful blog and so love your characters.

You didn't win this month's Twinchie give-a-way, but I will be having one again this Feb!

so love your characters. . .

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected