***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Changing It Up.....

         "Staying Positive"
Taking the example that my Buddha is giving me I'm keeping a positive attitude about everything no matter how buried or over-whelmed I get.  I just have to believe that eventually I will see over the top and the view will be breathtaking!

The last few months have been a true test to staying positive but with the help of a close and loving family and the gift of amazing  friendships I have been able to weather the difficulties that seem so insistent upon knocking at our door.   The challenges that Dan and I are facing are, indeed, tough and difficult but when you can do them together it makes all the difference in the world how you live...

There are also BIG changes on the horizon for "Soft in the Head"....good ones!   I'm excited about all the new prospects that are introducing themselves to me and also meeting the people behind them.  One of my newest ventures is making tea cozies from my whimsical characters.  Thanks to the incredible council of Suzie Stowell, who suggested this idea, it has taken form and my first one was received well and sold right away on the EHAG Emporium. It seems our future will be one filled with new ventures and ideas without ever having to let go of the whimsy that fuels my heart.  

Right now I have thrown myself into the crazy and magical world of Halloween.  Ghoultide will be here before we know it and I have so many new characters dancing around in my head and on sheets of paper scattered throughout my workroom.  A new raven and witch have found their way through the chaos in my head and I'm very excited to see if the image on paper can be transformed into a scary figure made of cloth.   Even though my talent is limited it still surprises me how some of my whimsical characters manage to come to life.  I do love that "primitive" world but I also enjoy embracing color and the fine tuning of a character that is ofter not found
in "primitive" work.  No matter the changes that will be descending down around my world I know that my love for Halloween and those crazy and whimsical characters waiting to be created will keep me grounded and happy! Also the love and support I have from my better half, Dan.....he always has a smile waiting for me every morning when I wake up and one for me as I close my eyes at night!  It's those small parts of life that will always mean the most! 

1 comment:

Kays Kids said...

What ever hill you have to climb, you will both climb it together.
Every one loves your work so much, and I know it is hard to produce some times. I think that is why they have so much soul in them.
Hugs Kay

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected