***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Holding on.....

Marley the Ghost.....
Do any of the artists out there hold onto a special piece you've created? Is there just one that you can't bear to part with? Marley was mine....I have always had a soft spot for ghosts at Halloween and then there is the "Christmas Carol" at Christmas, soooo to capture my fondness of my two favorite times of the year I made Marley. The pattern is sold on my website: www.softinthehead.com but I was never able to part with the model for that pattern. 

Marley sits in my Halloween Corner  inside one of the vintage built-in drawers I have on the wall of this old country store we live in.  It's kind of a place of honor for him. 

There is no rhyme or reason why this particular guy called my name but he did and every time I look at
him I have no regrets in keeping him for myself.  There have been many times I've gotten excited upon the completion of a character and thought to myself "wow" should I keep it...but they just didn't touch me the way this Ol' primitive ghost has.  Maybe the "Art Gods" were giving me something they thought I needed, a piece of my artsy soul to hold on to.  If that be the reason then I thank them! 

Marley is always there to make me smile on those days where a smile seems lost and difficult to find.  I will look at this Ol' ghost and he reminds me just how fortunate I am to have a job I love and one that keeps my young and excited about tomorrow!

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected