***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Monday, April 21, 2014

England Bound.....

 My Little English Mouse......
England Bound......
Last month I received a rather thrilling email from a member of the English Royal family.  Of course this is a distant relative but still part of the Royal family.  She had been following me for quite a few years and just loved my mice.    The first one she fell in love with was my Mrs. Potts....a rather round little lady with a love for tea.  Mrs. Potts was from my extreme (well for me extreme) primitive years where safety pins made great arms and french knots made sweet eyes!  Boy... have times changed!  

Through the years I have tried everything and gone into every imaginable direction trying to create a new and different mouse....I mean, after all, a mouse is a mouse!  I think my favorite
Mrs. Potts
direction has always been to humanize my mice, putting them in a real life scenario like loving tea without loosing the whimsy cause we know "Soft in the Head" is all about the whimsy!  This is what my new collector fancied about my humble little folk, their whimsical human side.  From the first time she saw Mrs. Potts till now it was always that quality that made her keep coming back....and boy am I happy she did!  She loves these little characters so much that she is planning a special event, a tea, where they will be the focus...no pressure...EEEEEEK!


When I received the order for the mice there was  a list of criteria I had to follow....I was so surprised that the woman was adamant about me NOT using certain fibers or botanicals like moss or flax (I use flax all the time). She said that the moss and flax can carry certain pests and allergens and they were not comfortable having them transported across the pond....wow who would have

thunk????? Guess I'm going to re-think the whole moss, flax and fiber thing.  She also wanted them made from mohair, holding teacups and dressed in black and white with a "Downton Abbey" theme.....since I'm not a HUGE  follower of "Downton Abbey" I found myself checking out the DVD's...still not a fan but got a grasp of what she wanted.  


Fifteen of the little mice left here and are on their way to England.  After a second count she found she didn't need 16 but 15 so I have one extra little "worker" mouse that will be going up on the PFATT Marketplace May 10th.....One just never knows who is following your work.....life is just filled with random surprises!
 

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I think that would kill my thinking because I would want them to be perfect in an order, lol. That is such a cute theme though and wouldn't that be fun to have 15 mice in different areas of the kitchen. Then book mice for the living room, and bedtime and.......

Debbie

HollyRidgeCreations said...

Love your creations...there are 15 very lucky ladies in England! :)

Judy

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected