***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Friday, September 6, 2013

"Prims" and Then Some"!

"Life and the Un-Expected"

Haven't visited here for a while since I seem to be up to my armpits in body parts and ghoulies as I get ready for "Ghoultide Gathering" Sept. 28th.  Because of my over whelming schedule I will not be adding anything new to the PFATT Marketplace or Simply Primitives this month, sorry!  

If you haven't gotten your issue of the new "Prims" magazine you should definitely get one.  I think this is the best issue yet and not because I have some rather rowdy rodents making their debut but because it is a collaboration of amazing primitive artwork that celebrates both Halloween and Christmas.  I'm also doubly thrilled that I have so many of my PFATT sisters and Art friends in this issue.  A huge shout out to, Nancy Malay, Kaf Grimm, Iva Wilcox, Cathy Pendleton, TracyDunn, Candice Wirth, Mandy Fischer, Char Hosea and Trudy Honeycutt....These are incredible artists in their chosen medium and make this magazine a real "knock out".   There is also a
 "Prims" 2013 Nancy Malay
wonderful article about "Ghoultide Gathering" written by our dear Bill Gilmore.....love it!


As if being in this excellent magazine with my friends wasn't enough I just got an email from the editor of a children's magazine inquiring about me contributing a short story about my mice.  She had read
Kaf Grimm
the short lead in story I wrote in "Prims" about my singing and  dancing mice and fell in love.  She was so taken by it (scary huh?) that she would like something similar for her magazine.  Now this is a real shocker cause I am definitely not the writer in this family, Dan and our daughter Casey are the writers!  It sounds like an adventure and something new for the creative mind of "Soft in the Head"....we are so blessed at the old country store here in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

 

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is wonderful news, I think your mice would make wonderful characters for a book and as always, love your new pieces.

Debbie

Kays Kids said...

Congratulations. our light should be shining every where.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected