***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dreamin' and Plannin'.....


"Ghoultide Gathering"..............
I know many of you have heard over and over about this amazing event....but until you have actually experienced it you will never totally understand the impact it has on you as a "Halloween" lover, collector, follower or just a fan of all things "spooky". This isn't a Halloween show that embraces the "blood and gore" of today's Halloween, it's more of a blast from the past of all things spooky from when we were children.....a dark night with a full moon and the leaves blowing through the air and the sound of an owl in the distance, goosebumps and imagination, THAT KIND OF HALLOWEEN! I think we all like to be scared a little bit, not by death and gore but by the magic of the day!
When I was a kid growing up in Southern California my parents had no problem with me taking off on Halloween with my friends and going "Trick or Treating". I was all of 7 or 8 and we would have a group of 4-6 of us and off we would go with our pillow cases and homemade costumes! Halloween was an adventure from being able to draw pumpkins in school and having a costume party to the chilly and spooky adventure of night itself! Ghost stories were being told by all, even our teacher would read one in class......I think this made us a much more adventurous group of magical and imaginative kids. We NEVER once thought about religion or the devil unless one of us was dressed in a devil costume and even then it was just a costume.....hey we were suppose to be scary!

Well "Ghoultide" has a way of bringing that magic back into the playing field at Halloween! I am so honored to be a part of this incredible group....I pinch myself often and count my blessings! This year "Ghoultide" will be two days....Sept. 30th and Oct. 1st. Sept. 30th will offer an "Early Selling" time in the evening from 6-9pm....kinda like Trick or Treating! Oct. 1st will be from 10am to 2pm. I sure hope to see many of you there this year....never be shy when you do see me....Just give me a hug and tell me who ya are....my memory isn't to bad, yet, and I might just remember you! Happy Halloween Everyone.....BOO!

3 comments:

Sylvia Smiser said...

What a wonderful post Pam!!! I am so excited for this years Ghoultide!! I can't wait! You are absolutely right! Until you have experienced it. It is very hard to explain or imagine the magic that you feel there!
Hugs,
sylvia

Carolee said...

Can't wait!! My favorite weekend of the year!! :)

~ Carolee

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Thanks for sparking the magic of childhood adventure and dreams in our 'ole hearts - 'tis a gift! ~*~Lisa

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected