***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Monday, February 28, 2011

Almost there....Procrastinators Unite!

Finally............
Our tree is finally at rest in its box awaiting next year. Wow....we celebrated Christmas till almost March...where are the presents????? I'm so thankful for a partner in this life that isn't all caught up with time restraints and appearances but more about life and all its unexpected turns and events! Thanks Dan! Now if I could just find those silly Christmas elves to come and pack up all these ornaments! Actually I find the packing and unpacking of the ornaments the best part of the holiday for me....so many memories! I can remember each ornaments beginning and the story behind it. I have one from when I was a kid that is faded and scratched but I hold onto the memory of when it was new and began its journey on our Christmas trees. I have a funny looking traditional Santa that Dan and I purchased after buying our first Christmas tree....the fragile pieces the kids made while in school or just for fun! I think we all hold onto tree ornaments for this reason, to stay in touch with the warmth of Christmas memories! Time may march on but a beloved Christmas ornament still holds onto its beginning and the story around it! Okay time to start packing and day-dreaming!

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I finally got the rest of mine done.
Now I am making eggs and even did a simple bunny yesterday, forgot how much I love to create dolls.

Debbie

Unknown said...

I'm the same with my ornaments. I can tell you where each one came from, and treasure all the memories they trigger. Each one is loveingly packed away, awaiting the next Christmas season joys.:-)
Wonderful post.
~ Deb

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post, you make me feel normal!! Every mom's gotta love those handmade ornies.

Deb said...

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! I love the unpacking of the Christmas ornaments, as you said so many memories and so many smiles and tears, but the packing up is an entirely different kettle of fish! I actually got mine down before the end of January this year which was some kind of record but have been known to be celebrating Christmas in March as well :O) Deb

The Moonlit Stitch said...

There was a pile on my kitchen counter much like yours until last weekend! I hold on to ornaments a lot of folks would throw out probably, and load the tree down with 'em! Good to read about other "nostolgics"! LOL~! ~*~Lisa

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected