***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On the Road to Ghoultide......

Almost Packed and Ready to Go.....
To me the most exciting part about the "Ghoultide Gathering" is the company I'm in when I'm there. I get to see artists that I have admired and followed for years. I NEVER dreamed that I would ever find a place among such stars like Nicol Sayre, Scott Smith, Johanna Parker, Allen Cunningham and so many more, but alas here I am with my humble little characters. The black and blue marks that you find on my arms are from me pinching myself cause I still think this is a dream. My dear friend and fellow Ghoultide artist Carolee Clark summed it up like this: "It's like we get to sit at the popular kids table for lunch"....how true! My butterflies re: this show are now "BATS" as I begin the packing process. Dan and I leave in the morning once the "house-sitter" arrives (kitties hate being alone) and we head to Ohio to meet Lori Davis and Joyce Stahl and then Friday morning we all head to Michigan! The thing about Ghoultide is it's not only an amazing and stellar Halloween arena of class AAA artists but it is a celebration of what we all remember about Halloween as children. Yes I still jump at things that go "BUMP" in the night and get "Goosebumps and Chills" from spooky stories. The artists at Ghoultide capture this and present it to you, the collector. You can take a piece of nostalgia home with you and live your Halloween childhood over and over for many years! I wish everyone could experience this event at least once.....it really is a Halloween memory keepsake, one you want to re-live over and over!

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I hope you do well at the show and a safe trip.

Debbie

Nancy said...

Hi Pam...
I am so excited for you! I hope you have a safe and happy trip. I know you will sell lots and have a wonderful time.

Take care. Enjoy!
Hugs, Nancy

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Safe travel to you and have a wonderful show!! I hope you don't have anything to bring home!

Stacey said...

...are we there yet???

Much love and goode fortune as you start your most delightful journey in the morning. I can't wait to hear about it all!

Unknown said...

Wishing you an exciting and spooky time at Ghoultide! :-)

~ Deb

KatHreN said...

take lots of pics please, I can't make it, and I was so looking forward to it. be safe and sell out!!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected