***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Friday, May 7, 2010

Ghoultide Countdown Has Commenced!

The Beginnings To An Exciting Adventure......
Everyone likes to see what's new in any artists' world....so I think I'm going to journal my progress with my creations for "Ghoultide Gathering" here on my blog so everyone can follow "Soft in the Head" as we begin our journey to Halloween heaven.....In all the years that I have been creating my"humble" little characters I never dreamed that this journey would take me to becoming a member of this prestigious group of artists. This year I am being more selective at what I will be creating and focusing more on a theme.....before anyone sucks in their breath "YES, MICE WILL BE INVOLVED!" I am using more antique and rustic props in my creations than before, something I thoroughly enjoy doing. The raven pictured above is actually attached to a vintage copy of an Edgar Allan Poe book. I have noticed that quite a bit of Halloween is going in the "bright and colorful" direction but I must admit that I'm an old stick in mud and prefer mine to stay dark and cob-webbie (no actual cobwebs are being used lol) cause my memories of Halloween are those of going through old trunks and suitcases looking for just the right combination of clothing to make my costume. Usually the trunks were located in dark and dusty parts of the house, always places good for a young persons imagination to take flight.....I want to capture those memories in what I create so usually pieces that are rusty, dented, scraped and old help me to do that.....I hope you will follow me on this journey of capturing my childhood and memories of Halloweens gone by......

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I think the props are a wonderful idea with your creations and the crow and book are perfect together.

Debbie

Tallowberry Primitives and FolkArt said...

Pam, I'll be along for the ride to see the creations come to life. I think it's a great idea to share the process with all of us especially since most of us won't be able to attend the Ghoultide show (wish I could).
Love your idea of using old, rusty and dented pieces as props with your designs. I'm truly looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks for sharing,
Diane

Beckyjean said...

Love the crow on the Poe book, I'm looking forward to seeing your other creations come to life. Glad you are staying with the "dark". I love anything old & grubby. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed day.

Becky

Unknown said...

Dust and rust and anything old is most excellent in my book! :-)
You're crow is wonderful!
~ Deb

auntdeedee said...

Yes....please do stay "dark and cob-webbie", that is the only way Halloween should be done! I'm already planning on how to decorate the new house I'm in for Halloween. I just LOVE the crow and on an Edgar Allan Poe book no less.....LOVE IT!

Nancy said...

Hi Pam...
I'm with you all of the way! I know you are going to have a most fabulous showcase of Halloween pieces. I can personally attest to that!!

Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day!
Hugs, Nancy

PS...Not on Facebook anymore. Focusing on my art, blogs and family...and not necessarily in that order!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected