***********************************************************

***********************************************************
..................................................................................................
"TraVeL ThRouGh ThE LaNd Of “Soft in the Head”
...the home of “Singing and Dancing Mice & Humorous Frogs!”.

Where “Original Designs” of patterns and soft sculpture characters come to life..…

*********************************************************
For Patterns check out the...."Soft in the Head" site
*****************************************************
For Finished Characters: Click Here

Monday, November 2, 2009

Wisdom...A six Letter Word

Often I run across something that just says it all and I have to share......

There is only one thing about which I shall have
no regrets when my life ends.


I have savoured to the full all the small, daily joys.
The bright sunshine on the breakfast table;
The smell of the air at dusk;
The sound of the clock ticking;
The light rains that start gently after midnight;
The hour when the family come home;

Sunday evening tea before the fire!
I have never missed one moment of beauty,
Not ever taken it for granted.
Spring, summer, autumn, or winter.
I wish I had failed as little in other ways.

How many times do we say something that we immediately realized was not the right thing to say?

How many times do we look back on an event and think, if only I had....
How many times do we do something that we wish hadn't done?

You can't change what has been said.
You can't change a past event.
You can't change what has been done.

Do you call it regret, sorrow, repentance?
Do you think about what might have been?
Do you relive an event the way it should have been?

Forget about regret, and focus.
Focus on today, not on the past.
Focus on what you can do, not what you didn't do.

The only thing to regret is living in the past
The only thing to feel sorrow for is not living each day to the fullest.
The only thing to do to repent is to sincerely say, I'm sorry.
Don't live your life regretting yesterday.
Live your life so tomorrow you won't regret today.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this nice saying. What a welcome thing to wake up to! Love your little "softies". Deb

KatHreN said...

love this post(and the pic)

Lisa said...

Wise words, indeed. Thank you.

michelle Sylvia said...

A great post my friend! A Great Post!

xo
michelle

Anonymous said...

What wondorous words! Enough said!

PEA said...

I am a frequent visitor of regret my friend. Thank you for the gentle and kind reminder it does no good.
Thank you Pam, I know this is your motto- like you say the wrong thing EVER- doubt it!
hugs,Pea

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful saying and something to always remember.

Debbie

jenny b harris said...

You might mention that is actually two poems put together, one by Agnes Sligh Turnbull and the other by Catherine Pulsifer, and that the image is by James Browne. It looks like that brown stripe was added at the bottom to cover up his copyright. Here is the original image with the copyright still visible so he can get proper credit. http://www.jamesbrowne.net/catalog.php?item=451&catid=14&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D14

softinthehead said...

Thank you Jenny. I have had that particular picture pinned on my wall for a very long time and it is in a brown matting so there was no signature. Good to know the artist! Love the work! As far as the poems I got those from a magazine article that again had no author...in fact I wasn't even sure how to write it so I guessed at the paragraphs. I love it when someone of knowledge, like yourself can help straighten us out. Thanks again! Hope you will come back and edit often!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Hi Pam ~ love the poems ~ I rarely go on that 'guilt' trip ~ not that I shouldn't sometimes but it's pretty unproductive. And I try to live my life so I've nothing to regret!! Thanks ~

Sadia said...

It's just beautifully written! superb illustration and wisdom being reflected in every sentence .
I particularly loved the last line
"Live your life so tomorrow you won't regret today".

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected